Well kicks can cause serious damage to rig equipment and the environment as well as the potential for loss of lives. This course will teach inexperienced/new employees basic well control principles, practices and procedures for surface and subsea stack.
This training is designed for new hires or inexperienced rig crew members.
Our instructors are fully certified by IADC and the course complies with IADC requirements. All course records and student certificates are properly maintained to meet IADC regulations.
- Fundamental Principles and Calculations
- Why kicks occur and how to control them
- Wellbore fluids
- Gas Action in the Wellbore
- Kill Methods and Constant Bottom Hole Pressure (BHP) Methods Procedures
- Auxillary Well Control Equipment
- BOP Equipment
Course Option: Combined Surface & Subsea
Location: Lafayette / Houma, LA